I had the idea of making some lino cuts and using these with the Gelli Plate, I am sure it is not a new idea but new to me. I think it has some potential, especially using some of the background ideas from Carla Sonheim.
Some of these were made on pages taken out of my sketchbook and I need to proceed in a more thoughtful way and on better paper.
One advantage I noticed is that the background using acrylic dries quickly and can then be layered with the printing inks (or vice versa), whereas when I made a linocut background and then put another print using water based printing inks on top it took a long time to be dry to the touch.
In the one above you can see that some of the ink transferred to the plate from a previous print to which I had added a background.
Bye the way 'hello' to new followers and thank for reading.