Monday, April 02, 2012

Transform





These are some of the samples/pieces that I started working on during the ‘Change, Transform, and Disintegrate’ course at City Lit...


 The person next to me was doing a Felt course and when I saw her working on felt it seemed a good way to go with my theme of the Rabbits’ skeleton.



 For once I feel pleased with the results and I think this is going to give me the incentive to stick with my theme. I imagined them displayed rolled up and looking like the layered beads one sometimes sees intricately carved out of bone.






 Louise Baldwin suggested the idea of vessels and this is another way to go. Everyone’s theme and the work they produced was unique and it was an interesting group of people with a good deal of varied experience.


9 comments:

  1. Interesting textures. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:35 PM

    These are great .... and looking very much like skeletons! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! So simple and beautiful. I love felting, and vessels are so interesting and great to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are real beautiful and interesting textures.There are like cells under microscope.

    Thanks for stopping over my blog the other day :)javascript:void(0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful textures & shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this work Jackie - change , transform and disintegrate. Something I try and work with in my etchings. Also really love the cocoon strippings and the snow writing. Very evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to tell you how much I love your work, so delicate and yet with great strength. The idea of interpreting bone through textile is so appealing to me. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...