Recently I went through my favourites list of blogs, and looked at some that I had neglected for a time; I found Leah Day's ‘Earth Flower’ motif and as usual impressed by her skill I had to have a go. The idea sort of hung around for a while and then I saw a piece of rusted fabric hanging on the ‘line’ in my room and thought nothing would be lost by quilting the motif onto it.
Before adding hand stitching and more details.
I got quite hooked and actually have found more pleasure in working on this little piece than I have done for a while.
I am going to seed stitch all around the motifs and then make it into a front for a cushion using an off cream silk dupion.