I am working on a hanging for my greatest critic; it is also quite large for me, so all in all a bit intimidating. I have used some images from one of my life drawing classes, and transferred them to cotton poplin using monoprint and foam stamping. I used liquid acrylics with an Open Medium so that it was not too harsh on the cloth.
Figures added using foam stamps.
I dyed the background using Procion MX dyes and a low immersion dyeing method.
I mixed the colours, teal and jade, but I think the result is a little too much on the green side. I plan to dye some fabric orange for the border. I will probably use Dylon when my washing machine is repaired, as I was kindly given some by the company and it is waiting to be used. The sari ribbon is just there for colour inspiration at the moment.
Well that is as far as my thoughts about it have progressed, so we shall see what happens, probably in 2011.
My background is in Creative Embroidery.Completing a diploma in Art and Design has widened my horizons. I like it when you say 'Hello', it keeps me blogging and sharing creativity.If you would like to own any of my work contact me by e-mail.
Click on an image to see it in more detail.