Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cornflakes



The topic for this week was ‘Plain weave card, paper and mixed media with stitch’, for some reason I never really get on with weaving strips of fabric and I struggled a bit with the class. For the first time I got to use a heat press which was daunting at first but really is just like a huge iron and fuses the plastic layers together. I used it on the second sample which has a background of a frozen chip bag and some strips of metallic pill wrappers. When the samples were finished and framed in my sketchbook I learned to love them.

We also used the cording foot, which was good as I have had one for years and seldom used it; the yellow and orange wool are applied with it.
This week has been good, as I was back to work on Monday and also started a Life Drawing Class. I was so pleased that it started as the tutor didn’t have enough people last term. If I had not done the access course I would never have had the confidence to have a go. I also taught two people how to make felt, a successful and enjoyable session in which they made a piece of nuno felt and a piece with additions of ribbon. So that is the good news, but as I write the field opposite is white with snow once more!

3 comments:

  1. These are interesting. The top one says Italy to me, it's the colours. Good luck with the drawing class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, just came across you thru Heloise & before her a multitude of lovely words & images! The beautiful work & generous info on your blog will keep me enthralled for a long time - imagine being able to do a course with Louise Baldwin :) Thank you for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your header photo Jackie
    Happy weekend
    Carolyn ♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...