Sunday, July 16, 2006

'Art in Action'



On Saturday we had a family outing to an event called Art in Action held in the grounds of Waterperry House in Oxfordshire. An annual event but the first time for us. For anyone who can get there I would recommend it as an excellent venue to see a wide range of good design. There was a textile tent but also drawing, painting, illustration, woodwork, calligraphy, many more arts and crafts, not to speak of Pimms, pancakes and Mozart played throughout the sunny day.
I came back full of inspiration, with lots of ideas to try; its just a pity that I have to go to work tomorrow. I bought a sample piece by Pat Hodson http://www.pathodson.co.uk . Hers is an interesting web site, and have a look at the educational link which has interesting video clips, especially of her talking about her work. Felt pieced by Lizzie Houghton were amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for those links - I thought the felted work was awesome especially. I've been hearing about Art in Action for a couple of years - really must try and get there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I googled & found their web site. Looks like a wonderful show. Wish I could've gone in person.
    THis is the address http://www.waterperry.com/
    Thanks for dropping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. didn't manage to go this year. just love it.....thanks for the links, really enjoyable.

    Maggie H.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...