Saturday, August 22, 2015

'The Blanket Book'




Elizabeth Caush who lives in Hampshire UK has just published her first book about the healing power of creativity and craft, specifically that of knitting. She recently came to give a talk to my group at the day services where I work. Elizabeth brought along her books, her story and her wonderful samples for the book. I thought her use of colour to be stunning, bold and vibrant, and the simplicity of the patterns which turn into modern throws, cushions and bed runners is amazing. So as you are aware I do get tempted by all sorts of new projects, but no way with knitting, since I grew up knitting my own school jumpers and my last attempt was being talked into making a shawl for my grandson, BUT yet again the ideas in the book are so simple yet the results so satisfying that I could get tempted.




Elizabeth is promoting her book at the moment, so if you have a group that you think would be interested in the Hampshire or specifically the Portsmouth area do contact her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...