Friday, February 20, 2015

Trees and Fields.


I have continued with the block printing and am definately finding that my blocks are better, although I still find carving them far from the meditative experience described by some. I have now bought some Moo Carve and will be trying that. It is certainly worth the effort of carving a block' well' as there are then so many ways to adapt them.
I cut this block prior to the ecourse but have gone back and used a larger blade. I like the material for the block, but have had it so long that I have no idea what make it is; if I remember correctly someone sent it me after a show one time.
This photo of local fields was the inspiration:


I then added one of my tree blocks,printing in black ink.



I then free machined over the shapes in green and white thread over a piece of wadding:


Made up into a small bag and with a couple of cards printed with the remaining ink:








Thanks to the Gourmet Quilter on YouTube for ideas for making up the bag.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love the whole thing but I find the green background alone quite special somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stories you tell on fabric. Inspired by your works, your recent adventure in block printing, i found Jen Hewett and adapted her last year project 52 weeks of print making. I started this week. Will see how it goes. By the way i am no expert in carving but have you tried foam board? You can shape it by heating, too. You can even draw on it with a heated tip tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your block printing...the field print is very evocative of stubble fields.
    The little bag is wonderful and unique and I can't wait to see how you progress with your printing as it is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've superimposed your tree print on top of your fields print ... very effective. There are fascinating interweavings and overlappings and lots of contrasting movement - lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...