These are a few gelatine prints which I made using dried grasses on old book pages. I have had great pleasure messing with the home made gelatine plates, but am now running out of gelatine.
There seems little rhyme nor reason to me as to when the plates start to break down but no doubt there is if you get to know what you are doing. Its good that you can just break up the gelatine and put it in the microwave for a few minutes to reuse it. I could be tempted to get a proper Gelli Plate but as there seems to be a shortage of the larger ones I have had to restrain myself (no bad thing).
Liniecat and Charlton Stitcher have both received their stitched pieces, the pieces photographed for the front and back covers of my little blurb book, and have told me they intend to put them up, which is nice to hear.
I was requested to add a 'follow by email' link and after some searching have added it and a 'search this blog' facility.
I am in a little bit of a creative doldrums, so I decided to book up for a creative drawing workshop, ‘Drawing Large’ at Greenham Arts, which is not far from me. It is not until May but I am looking forward to just letting go on a big piece of paper.