Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 2012


Enjoyed my drawing class this week, drawing the wooden manikin used for body proportions, not sure if it has a proper name.




 I was given the idea by DMTV to try the drawing as a lino-cut. I have done some lino cuts before both at home and at City Lit where we did a reduction cut and used the press to print.


 My attempts at home have been handicapped by the fact that my tools came from a charity shop a long time ago. When I went to an open evening at St Brides Foundation I was really impressed by the detailed images that can be obtained and realized my blunt tools were a poor substitute for good tools. There was also a wood engraver there and his work was truly amazing.
Trial run in my sketchbook.
More cut away.

 Still that is what I have at the moment and being impulsive decided to have a go with them. If you would like to see some examples of the real thing take a look at this website.


Forgot to mention that these are printed with acrylic plus Open Medium on low immersion procion dyed cotton.


3 comments:

  1. it's looking good, I love your drawings, look forward to seeing more. jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fancy a go at this must admit but am dangerous with sharp instruments and may end up fingerless so darent try it lol...........cracking results here though! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Jackie. And thanks for the link to linocutboy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...