Sunday, September 25, 2011

'For Sale'




The house we stayed in near Windermere, in the Lake District, was for sale. The weather was rainy, with the wind literally howling round the house. An old for sale board had been knocked down and was in a broken state by the rubbish bin. Well ,just imagine my excitement. My husband just could not unerstand why I wanted  to find space for it in the car with the inflatable boat, bike frame etc...
After a good shower it is perfect for making book covers.


I decided to make some paste papers as part of the binding. Here is a link to a really helpful tutorial.




 

 Be aware that I only made half the amount of paste mentioned and still had enough to take into my day centre group for them to have a go. It really works best if you use your fingers and enjoy the tactile quality. You will need plenty of paper and space to spread it out.

3 comments:

  1. Gee, and I thought you were going to say you were buying the place in or near Windemere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the samples from your Dione Swift class, the transparency is wonderful. Like the idea of 'fingerpainting' in paste. Must paint some papers, love them, now that I have a little more time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I stumbled upon yours recently and have had a great time looking around! I also just discovered we were, coincidentally, in a We Love Your Books show together (E-Motive).

    I find that I can not look at hardly anything washable anymore, even at the toothbrushes at the store, without wondering what kind of paste painting implement it would make. It gets rather addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...