Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Paper and Fabric

As promised, a couple of samples from the Louise Baldwin class at City Lit., this was the Paper Rolling and Binding session. As you can see, I got completely carried away, finally dipping my samples in Soy Wax, stamping and spraying with my newly acquired products and generally going right over the top.


Bits of dyed fabric, chocolate wrappers , tomato paste tubes and a goose feather all feature here. The spray ink is by Craftynotions and is called ‘Shake‘n’Spray’; it is quite expensive but has a nice lustre.

I have used Soy Wax for a recent workshop and although great for washing quickly out of fabric, and being better for the environment than other waxes, I don’t really like the smell and it seems rather soft for any collage/ embedding type work.
More snow is expected over the next few days. I am looking forward to getting back into routine now, and so fed full of turkey that we may have fish and chips tonight!

10 comments:

  1. Your samples are brilliant ... thank you for sharing them. Very inspiring, as always!

    Sending you blessings and good wishes for a wonderful 2010 Jackie

    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had great fun with this, lovely colours and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous work. You have brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color and texture. Love the combo ... tomato paste tubes turkey feathers and candy wrappers.. LOL...perfect holiday leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had great fun with that! I got a book on encaustic art for Christmas as I am hoping to start using wax in some of my work, its really good it gives you recepies to follow to make you own waxes for different uses. So this Soy Wax tell me more...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work and blog - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous!!!

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These make me want to run down to my art room and get dirty... I will be dreaming of what I will do tonight I am sure, and doing it tomorrow. Thanks for the fabulous kick of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting effects. I too have been rolling and tying papers into beads...and bought some bees wax over Xmas holiday which I want to melt and pour over something. LOL
    Like your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This piece is wonderful, so tactile, you could spend a long time searching into it to see all of the fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...