Monday, August 10, 2009

'Snow Writing'




This is a stitched piece which I recently completed using the ‘snow writing’ symbols.


The symbols were printed out onto calico from the computer. I have found that using A4 labels to carry the fabric through the printer works well. I then machined the fabric using a double needle, which made it curl round like a book spine which I liked. I intend to keep it like that and with the loose threads at the edges.



As you see the beads are made from book pages .I then hand stitched with some slips of silk added in places. The symbols were the starting point and also looking at samples from the past in which I had stitched and included paper beads. I will post pictures of the samples next time. Sometimes its hard to remember where you started and keep track of how ideas come together; and equally of how they disappear at other times.

6 comments:

  1. I like this a lot... Can I borrow the idea of beads from book pages...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colour scheme. I seem to be attarcted to much plainer pieces at the moment. More Meditative. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting and good to read about your process too. I love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! So much detail and depth... I think I could look at for a long time and still see something new.
    Very much like the idea of beads from book pages...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouraging comments.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...