Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fish

We have been encouraged to join in an exhibition which calls for artwork on a yellow post-it note. As it was small I thought I would make an attempt. I’m not sure it counts as art but at least I had a go. I have been working on an image of a three-headed fish to link with the Dungeness project and the fact that a fisherman there told me he would eat what he caught unless it had ‘three heads’. It sort of fits in with some of the contrasts in the area; a nice place to relax with a days fishing, but with the nuclear power station casting its shadow in the background.
The theme is linked with Reuse, so this is embossed on a piece of tomato puree tube.



We have also been experimenting with linocuts and monoprinting with watercolour inks.


3 comments:

  1. Love the colour you've got on the tom. tube. The printing looks great as well.
    Moira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experiments are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too me it is definately a piece of art! The metal fish is so great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...