Monday, September 24, 2007

Reuse




The main theme for my course until the end of November is Reuse. It is a really wide theme when you start to look into the way artists have reused ideas and cultural norms from the past in their work. I am only just touching the tip of the iceberg at the moment. I had to make something as well, which was a more obvious path for me. It was something of a light relief to be honest.

I collected a pile of packaging, it’s surprising how quickly this is done, and then worked out how to use the plastic instead of fabric to make a bowl. I intend to make some paper beads, probably from colour supplements, to hang around the edge. It actually feels very firm and quite nice.


8 comments:

  1. A wonderful idea and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:33 PM

    This is wonderful! I love the colors and what a great way to reuse packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have known that was packaging if you hadn't told us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is such beautiful work! Sara x

    P.S. Thank you for joining the DaWanda Shop Directory at http://dawandashopdirectory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Hi Jackie,

    The class you are taking sounds great. I'd love to take something like that.
    Please continue to share what you learn about reusing.
    I recycle a lot in my work and would love to figure out other ways of recycling.
    Your bowl looks great.
    Thank you for sharing,

    Alma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bowl. It really does look strong. I really like the idea of reusing things.
    Moira

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...