Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Monoprint bag

I have now managed to finish my green and purple bag. I had a sudden burst of energy and I am pleased with it. I made two short handles from stiffened silk which is a change from a cord, which meant that I had to sew on the tassel rather than attaching it to the cord. The back and lining are of a sort of bluey/purply silk dupion, difficult to describe.

I machined a line of leaves on the handles and also on the bottom of the lining inside. Looking at it now I think I might have gone for some decoration on the bottom edge rather than the tassel.

I have just listed it on Etsy.
I also put a link on there to my blog, as people may like to know how the process started. Some of you may not be aware of the Uk Etsy Challenge site on Flickr. There has been some really interesting work on there as a result of recent challenge themes i.e. Flowers and Fairy Tales.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love these stiches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag looks wonderful finished.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful bag - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bag is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...