Thursday, March 16, 2017

Linocut on the Xcut

I have continued having fun with the Xcut and trying to improve my cutting marks. I have bought some new Calico Safe Wash inks and I only had a tin of black left from a long time ago and it had formed a skin (this is apparently a well known hazard). I have used Soft Cut and now some Japanese Vinyl, which I like.

I have been going to a weekly drawing class and so decided to use some of my sketches as linocut inspiration.


Drawing scanned and reversed; I have given them each a flower for fun.


Original block


Trying to roll on two colours.
Then some cheat images, taking the prints into Icolorama app and changing the colours and background. Just for the fun of it.




4 comments:

  1. These images are great fun. I'm really enjoying all the ways you've worked with them and the different effects produced - and another thought, I don't think that working with images in icolorama or any other photo package is cheating. It's just taking advantage of all the digital processes on offer - aren't we lucky to have them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love playing with apps but not everyone is of the same mine.

      Delete
  2. I love the way you are experimenting. These digital possibilities are great. I am just discovering them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are endless fun. Also try the slide show on iPad,origami is good,and you can take screenshots.

      Delete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...