Monday, April 09, 2012

Felt



Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the work which I took to City Lit for the textile exhibition. Life has been really hectic for me recently.  The centre of this piece has muslin added during the felting process, ‘nuno’ style.


 The machined black line is rather heavy here but prior to taking it to London I embellished it which served to ‘knock’ it back and to give it a furry look and feel, which I liked, particularly as it fitted in with the rabbit’s skeleton theme.


I am so pleased with my new embellisher and only wish I had more time to play with it. This is a picture of my current set up, I am fortunate in that I can leave both my machine and embellisher up permanently. You can’t see the fields beyond, but I am lucky to have a lovely view. The field has just been sown and lines of green shoots are appearing.


5 comments:

  1. I love the texture of the white felt with the black "bubbles"

    ReplyDelete
  2. l ove the black and white effect..just beautifulxxxlynda
    waving from a very wet putney!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:59 PM

    A little late in the day I know, but I am only just getting to grips with the blogging world and have managed to add a link to your blog to go with the Willis Exhibition poster on mine!
    Looks like you really enjoyed the course at City Lit.
    Have fun with the embellisher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome. great effect.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...