Monday, December 28, 2020

 A diary of just a few of my endeavours in this strange year of Lockdown. How difficult at times to keep hold of the creative urge, to find the excitement. Sometimes it did come and I am thankful for it. After a cancelled Christmas it seems harder today but hopefully 2021 will bring better news.

I started the year with making an edition of 10 prints for the International Print Exchange. It proved to be quite a challenge, but was worth it when completed and I received 10 prints from a variety of countries, including Japan.

I had a few months of bag making spurred on by my daughter-in-law, who quickly overtook me, and the gift of some lovely material from Ghana. Related to this project I started procion dyeing fabric once more; certainly not something I ever thought to do again. I started making small stamps and used these both on the dyed fabric and linen. 

I took an online course in Collagraphy, and did lots of Skillshare classes. I found that improv quilting was a good way of losing myself on a 'bad' day and did quite a lot of it. I have lots of small joined pieces ready to be worked on again. My sewing machine is a project for the new year, as I intend to get it properly serviced. I think it deserves it, having been a good friend over many years.

At random someone approached me on Instagram and bought two textile pieces. This gave me ideas of grandeur and I opened a Folksy Shop ( now closed).  I stencilled with Pick Pretty Paints bought with the proceeds.  Most  recently I did a 10 week drawing course online with City Lit. 

When I look back over the  year I have tried so many different creative outlets, of which these just scrape the surface. Here are a few random pictures of some of the outcomes. I wish you all the best for the coming year.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...