Monday, June 25, 2018

Reuse,recycle.





Well, I never realised that pegboard had become so trendy. There are numerous YouTube videos of how people make and use their pegboard from craft rooms to garages. I remember talking my father into having some in my bedroom as a teenager; he even made the hooks for me. We were about to dispose of two bunk beds when I noticed that the plywood bases would be ideal as pegboard; they were already drilled, I would not have had the patience to do that, though some people do. I notice it is usually the boyfriend who does the drilling.


It took a while to get one piece painted and fixed to the wall. The mixed pack of hooks was really inexpensive. I cut some dowel and glued buttons to the ends, but he who knows better said they would not be strong enough, so we also got metal hooks.
It is proving to be very useful and I keep admiring it and looking for new items to add. The plastic boxes for soap powder tabs make good storage boxes, and I will be trying out decorated cans when I have some.




My printing has had mixed results, probably because I have been rushing. I am doing a fun introductory course on printing at the local collage. 

 I also keep up with Skill Share courses, and recently did one called ‘Collage and Go’. I put one of the results on Red Bubble. It is fun to see work printed on items, even with no expectation to sell them.




I hope you are enjoying the summer. We have a mini heatwave in the UK, bit too hot for me.


2 comments:

  1. HA, good old pegboard !!!!! :-)
    LOVE that image of the new header !

    (love that red bubble idea !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. the heat wave is coming our way !

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...