Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nuno Felt

Experiments with the Embellisher.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 2012

Enjoyed my drawing class this week, drawing the wooden manikin used for body proportions, not sure if it has a proper name.

 I was given the idea by DMTV to try the drawing as a lino-cut. I have done some lino cuts before both at home and at City Lit where we did a reduction cut and used the press to print.

 My attempts at home have been handicapped by the fact that my tools came from a charity shop a long time ago. When I went to an open evening at St Brides Foundation I was really impressed by the detailed images that can be obtained and realized my blunt tools were a poor substitute for good tools. There was also a wood engraver there and his work was truly amazing.
Trial run in my sketchbook.
More cut away.

 Still that is what I have at the moment and being impulsive decided to have a go with them. If you would like to see some examples of the real thing take a look at this website.

Forgot to mention that these are printed with acrylic plus Open Medium on low immersion procion dyed cotton.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit

Just playing around over here.

Paper and digital collage.

Don't forget that you can click on images for a better view  - I know that I usually forget.

Friday, August 10, 2012

August 2012

A little of the stash of work currently on my wall in August.

I started my drawing class and after some initial uncertainties, I enjoyed working on some still life,ie old boots.

I had a sudden awakening this morning to the noise of a hot air burner which I recognised as the noise from a hot air balloon. I managed to get myself up at about 5am thinking it would be somewhere in the distance, but as you can see it was a little nearer, in fact just by my garage.

Fortunately there is a field a few yards in front so hopefully it landed there safely, I went back to bed!

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Black Bones

Just a few pictures of ‘black bones’; after deciding to use it to experiment a bit more there were some better moments. Unfortunately my trusty Pfaff decided to play up. I think the problem was thread caught in the tension disc and hopefully it is now sorted with the help of a £20 note.

 Perhaps I will end up being drastic with this piece and cutting it up and starting again - I did get quite bold, slashed it in places and then embellished some muslin/bandage in the gaps! I also punched a few holes.

I am starting a summer drawing class locally for five weeks next week, depending on class numbers being sufficient, which will hopefully  help to refresh my drawing skills.
Thank you to all for your recent encouragement.
You need to click on the photos for more detail as my template does not allow larger photos.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...